The mission of the Greater Haverhill / Pentucket Youth Hockey Program is to administer and maintain a not-for-profit organization designed to support inter-league competition in the sport of hockey. It is our objective to foster good sportsmanship, discipline and teamwork through the execution of structured programs. We will provide for a positive learning experience geared towards developing the fundamental knowledge and athletic ability of our players.
2014-2015 Coach and Player USA Hockey Registration
USAH Online Registration for Coaches and Players A Step by Step guide to Online Player and Coaches Registration
All coaches and players are required to register with USA Hockey for the upcoming 2014-2015 season. Each participant will pay a $40 USA Hockey fee (exception, birth year 2008 and after) and an $8 Massachusetts Hockey fee. Although there is no fee for the 6 and under ages, you still must register with USA Hockey.
Please complete you registration by September 1, 2014.
1. Go to http://www.usahockeyregistration.com/ 2. Click "Register Now" to begin the registration process.
3. You must be 18 years of age to process a registration. Check the box that acknowledges that YOU are 18 or older.
4. REGISTRATION TYPE: Select "Ice Player/Coach".
5. WHO ARE YOU REGISTERING: Select "Child Family Member (Under 18)" (or one of the other options, if appropriate).
6. INFORMATION: Fill in all information correctly. Use Names that are listed on your Birth Certificates, No Nicknames. Remember to read and acknowledge USA Hockey's Waiver of Liability. Click Continue to Next Step.
6. Review the information that you have provided - confirm that it is correct. Check the box next to "I Confirm that the name and birthdate above are correct".
7. If you have anyone else to register, you can click Register Someone Else. Otherwise, click Continue to Next Step. 8. Process your payment for $48.00 – Visa, Master Card, Discover or American Express (credit or debit card).
9. "Copy" the USA Hockey Confirmation number that you are provided once the payment is processed.
10. Send your usahockey number email@example.com
GREATER HAVERHILL / PENTUCKET YOUTH HOCKEY ASSOCIATION
Learn To Skate First Session
Open to boys and girls ages 4-10, living in the Massachusetts communities of Georgetown, Groveland, Haverhill, Merrimac, West Newbury and other surrounding towns. Our program also serves the Southern New Hampshire towns of Atkinson, Hampstead, Plaistow, and Newton. You’ll be taught by our USA Hockey certified GHPYH coaching staff. Our coaching staff has satisfactory CORI reports (criminal background checks).
WHEN / WHERE?
The First Session begins at 11AM on Saturday October 18, 2014. This is a 10-week session, ending on December 20, 2014. Registration starts at 10:30AM at Haverhill Veterans Rink or you may also register online by clicking register on-line.
The cost is $75.00 per session (payable at the first skate). We have several ability levels. You will be placed in the proper level by our coaching staff. GHPYH was founded in 2009 with the merger of Haverhill Youth Hockey and Pentucket Youth Hockey. We strive to foster athletic development, good sportsmanship, confidence, self-esteem, discipline and teamwork through the sport of hockey.
I WANT IN, NOW WHAT?
• A check payable to GHPYH for $75.00 or register on-line.
• A HECC approved Hockey Helmet with full face cage
• Single blade hockey skates.
We recommend that your child wears elbow, kneepads or shin pads, and warm gloves.